In The News
- Just Released – Asthma in California: A Surveillance Report (2013)
- Protect your health during wildfire season
- 2013 AIR Health Award Winners Announced!
- Webinar: Indoor air quality & asthma management in schools: Learn from two award-winning districts
- Health Impact Assessment- Placer County Biomass Energy Facility
Did You Know?
Whooping Cough and Asthma: Before your children go back to school, make sure you know the new immunization law that requires all students entering the 7th – 12th grades have a Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine or booster shot.Read more...
Do you know what happens to the lungs during an asthma attack, what commonly triggers asthma, and how asthma can be controlled?Read more...
Age-Adjusted Asthma Hospitalizations and ED Visits per 10,000 Alameda County Residents by Race/Ethnicity, 2008 Events White Black Hispanic Asian/PI Hospitalizations 9.7 45.4 11.8 8.0 ED Visits 44.5 225.8 44.3 19.7
Data Source: Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD), 1998-2008.